According to the BIGresearch Simultaneous Media Survey this is how U.S. bloggers stack up against the national average (adults 18+).
- Slightly younger [37.6 years old vs 44.8 years old]
- Slightly better edicated [14.3 years vs 14.2 years]
- Slightly lower income [$55,819 vs $56,811]
Practically a dead heat with the median.
The ethnical breakout of bloggers versus national average:
- White/Caucasian [69.7% vs 76.1%]
- Hispanic [20% vs 14.8%]
- African American [12.2% vs 11.4%]
- Asian [3.7% vs 2.0%]
Of the 26% of U.S. citizen who indicate they blog at least occansionally:
- Gender [53.7% Male – 46.3% Female]
- Marital Status [44.7% Married]