I’m entering my fourth month of constant wear of the Basis B1 Band and I am as happy today with the purchase as I was on day one. It met my first requirement – it’s a watch with a calendar. Next, I wanted a device that generally captured my activity levels and sleep patterns. Finally, I find the idea of analytic & habit based tracking useful.
The Basis B1 tracks heart rate, steps, calories, skin temp, perspiration, and sleep patterns. It automatically knows when you’ve started an activity like walking, running, biking or sleeping.
The website give you a breakdown of how you are progressing against the habits you’ve selected, an insights section for a quick overview, and a data section that is broken out into: activity details, activity patterns, and sleep details.
The iPhone app not only supports bluetooth sync & time set (useful when you travel across timezone frequently) but gives you access to similar information as the website, the only real missing piece is the activity details.
- It looks good
- Easy to use, all you have to do is wear it
- Sleep mode is automatic
- Depth of data captured
- Battery life
- Intermittent issues with website. I encounter a “Oops…Something’s broken!” redirect at least once a week
- Slow technical support (in fairness it was over the holidays, but still took two weeks to resolve an issue with the USB sync cable)
- No capture for weight lifting or other non-cardio exercise programs
- Spotty iPhone Sync, fails about 20% of the time
|Price:||(4 / 5)|
|Design:||(5 / 5)|
|Features:||(4 / 5)|
|Performance:||(3.5 / 5)|